In this course, students will be able to:
- Differentiate major themes of Latin American literature
- Identify leading works and authors of Latin American Literature
- Assess how historical, political, and social events have shaped Latin American literature.
- Analyze how Latin American literary works have influenced, formed, and affected the lives of Latin American peoples.
- Discuss how native and foreign literary movements have influenced Latin American Literature.
- Determine how Latin American writers shaped by Native-American, European, African, and Asian traditions explore the human universal through the particularities of Latin America.