The tabs to the left will give suggestions for how to complete this assignment. There are many ways to do this, these are just suggestions:
- Cearly define the topic and any relevant language specific to the topic
- Research both sides of the controversy (opposing viewpoints) using a variety of resources which may include interviews with professionals and interested parties, online database searches for relevant articles in professional journals, and online articles available to students with NAfME memberships such as the Music Educator’s Journal and Teaching Music;
- Take an informed stand on the issue (by the way, you and your partner don’t have to agree!);
- Participate in one class period of research training which will be provided by a Research Librarian in Lamson Learning Commons;
- Build an Annotated Bibliography throughout the research process;
- Complete (1) a written paper; and (2) an oral presentation;
- Review the assessment rubric for details.