Scholarly, peer-reviewed journals are available from our subscription databases. Listed below are suggestions for starting your research. A complete list of our Digital Resources are available from the Databases link.
- Academic Search Premier [INFO]
- America: History and Life(links to full-text)
- Project MUSE (Basic Research Collection) (full-text backfiles) [INFO]
- JSTOR Arts & Sciences I, II, III, IV & V Collections (full-text backfiles) [INFO]
- World History Collection (all full-text)[INFO]
- New York Times Digital Archive, 1851-2003(all full-text)[INFO]
- Sage Journals Online [INFO]
- Credo – Online Reference Library (all full-text) [INFO]
For Journals Available Online or in Lamson Library, click on our Journal List
Books and More
The Library catalog is a collection of books and other print materials, such as videos/DVDs, music CDs, and scores.
If you cannot locate the item you are looking for, try WorldCat, a catalog of books and other materials in libraries worldwide. We may be able to obtain materials not owned by Plymouth State University through our Document Delivery system.
Reference sources may provide a good starting point for research and include encyclopedias, dictionaries, handbooks, and statistical sources. Some key resources are listed below. Additional titles may be located by seaching the Library catalog.
- Dictionary of American History (e-book)
- Berkshire Encyclopedia of World History (e-book)
- Cambridge Ancient History
- Worldmark Encyclopedia of the Nations
discipline=hi, subj=history, hint=history, format=subject guide