OER are teaching, learning, and research resources that reside in the public domain or have been released under an open license that allows anyone to freely use and repurpose them.
Open Educational Resources meet the “5Rs Framework,” meaning that users are free to:
- Retain: Users have the right to make, archive, and own copies of the content.
- Reuse: Content can be reused in its unaltered form.
- Revise: Content can be adapted, adjusted, modified or altered.
- Remix: Content can be combined with other works to create something new.
- Redistribute: Copies of the content can be shared with others in its original, revised or remixed form.
David Wiley CC-BY